WORKING FOR US
Bretherton Law prides itself on its commitment to its people – many of whom have worked for the firm for a very long time! A career with us will enable you to reach your potential.
Bretherton Law has an enviable reputation in St Albans and south-west Herts for our professionalism and commitment to meeting the needs of our clients. The firm has been in business in the city since 1965, having been set up by Jeremy Bretherton as a sole practitioner. Jeremy retired in 1998 and the business is now run by Sandra Bradley, who has herself been with the firm since 1986.
We are proud of our independence as a stand-alone business and encourage all our staff to think and act for themselves. With this individual responsibility comes greater job satisfaction. We are a small, friendly team with a positive outlook and we are keen to demonstrate this in our dealings with clients.
We are a Lexcel-accredited business, which focuses our attention on exemplary case management and financial controls, as well as professionalism in our dealings with clients. You won’t see our name across double-page spreads in the local newspapers – we prefer to let our name and reputation do the talking for us, with much of our business coming from client recommendations and word of mouth.
So if you want to work for an independent-minded business, which encourages individuals to test themselves and take responsibility, helping them to grow as people, team members and legal professionals at the same time, then drop us an email explaining what you can add to our firm. We’re always happy to hear from you.
FAMILY LAW SOLICITOR
Bretherton Law is looking for a full-time Family Solicitor to join the team. This is an opportunity to join our friendly and progressive firm, in a role offering scope for career progression and development.
Based in central St Albans, Bretherton Law has been serving the people of Hertfordshire for over fifty years. The firm offers a range of family law services including:
- Divorce & separation;
- Financial arrangements;
- Unmarried couples;
- Cohabitation agreements;
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements;
- Cases with a foreign element;
- Legal advice for grandparents;
- Domestic abuse; and
- Change of name.
The successful candidate will:
- be a Solicitor of 5 years PQE +;
- be able to conduct their own matters and supervise those undertaken by colleagues where necessary;
- be a confident communicator, able to build and maintain relationships with clients;
- have experience in marketing and business development;
- be enthusiastic, dedicated and flexible; and
- be focussed on delivering a high quality and timely service to clients.
FAMILY LAW LEGAL ASSISTANT
We are looking for a Legal Assistant for a solicitor in our Family team.
We are accredited members of the Law Society Children Panel and members of Resolution and we deal with a range of Family matters including divorce & separation, financial arrangements, unmarried couples, cohabitation agreements, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, cases with a foreign element, domestic abuse and change of name.
This full-time role consists of administrative and secretarial support to a solicitor including typing, filing, processing correspondence and forms, organising diaries, assisting with billing and dealing with matters arising on files as necessary. There is regular contact with a wide range of clients and professionals.
The successful applicant will:
– be an experienced Family Law assistant;
– be able to work independently and as part of the team where necessary;
– be a confident communicator, able to build and maintain relationships with clients;
– be enthusiastic, dedicated and flexible;
– be happy and able to help in other roles in the firm when required, such as helping out on reception or supporting and assisting colleagues; and
– be focussed on delivering a high quality and timely service to clients.